Welcome to ELPA L.E.A.D.S., a graduate student organization at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (ELPA). Take a look around the site for information about who we are, what we do, and how we can support you in developing as an educational leader.
Be sure to check out our blog, Voices of the Community: Reflections on Educational Leadership, Research, and Practice.
Mission: The mission of ELPA L.E.A.D.S. is to provide opportunities to all graduate students in the ELPA program through related programming, social activities, and professional development.
Vision: ELPA L.E.A.D.S. (Leadership, Engagement, Advancement, & Development of Students) exists as a resource to UW-Madison ELPA graduate students in order to provide (in no particular order):
- A hub of professional resources and other information relevant to educational leadership and educational policy
- A sense of community within our department and with other departments
- A venue for faculty, administration, and students to participate in “spirited dialogue”
- Advocacy for program supports in regard to curriculum, practicum experiences, advisor roles, research and project opportunities, and Graduate Assistantships within the School of Education and the University as an entirety
- Coordination and promotion of experiences, such as guest speakers, professional opportunities, and field work
- Support for the development of an equitable and diverse community of graduate students, and promotion of values of diversity and inclusion in educational leadership.